Mara Jade Skywalker was, during different times in her life, an Emperor’s Hand, a smuggler, and later a Jedi Master who sat upon the Jedi High Council. She was raised as a servant to Emperor Palpatine and became a high-level Force-using operative. As an Emperor’s Hand, Jade carried out the Emperor’s bidding, killing Rebels and corrupt Imperials alike with cold professionalism, even as a young woman. As Palpatine’s assassin, she received top-notch training from experts in a variety of fields as well as training in the Force, which was continued by Luke Skywalker years later. After Palpatine’s death, she received his last command, which was to kill Luke Skywalker; however, the death of her Master caused her to go rogue. Eventually she joined smuggler chief Talon Karrde, becoming one of his best smugglers and his second-in-command. During the predations of Grand Admiral Thrawn, she was forced to work with Skywalker, and developed a grudging respect for him. During the Galactic Civil War, Mara Jade proved herself skilled in a variety of fields; she was a good pilot and mechanic and trained in the use of both a blaster and hand-to-hand combat even without relying on the Force.
- Undecorated brown leather belt with floating strap which drapes down on the right side.
- The floating strap must be attached to the main belt under the front buckle and at the center back.
- The plain silver buckle is rectangular, and may have rounded edges.
- The buckle’s clasp must be hidden on the back side of the buckle.
- BlasTech DL-44
- BlasTech DL-18
- BlasTech E-11 Rifle
- A square-nosed pistol
- The straps for the shoulder harness should be brown leather cut approximately 1 inch wide.
- The shoulder straps should be attached to a round silver connector located at the center back.
- Silver metal clasps are located on the front of the straps, just above the armpits.
- Black shin and knee guards should be made of plastic or fiberglass.
- The knee guards are oval.
- The shin guards are rounded and should extend from knee to ankle with black padding underneath.
- The shin guards are worn over the boots and should be appropriately sized.
- The shin and knee guards may be custom sculpted, or appropriately sized sport or police style shin guards may be used.
You must have at least four of the following items to be accepted:
- Tan or brown hoodless cape, reaching to mid-thigh or knee in length.
- Raw silk fabric is preferred.
- The clasp is two silver triangles with patterned centers, connected together at their bases.
- Long black motorcycle style gloves are worn without a cape or cowl.
- Tan or off-white wrist length gloves are worn with the off-white cowl.
- Black wrist length gloves are worn with the black cowl or the cape.
- Black fabric wrist wraps worn in place of gloves.
- Wraps must have finished edges, and should extend from the wrist to just below the elbows.
- Wraps may be used to “hide” a small holdout weapon on the right forearm.
- Brown or black aviator or motorcycle style goggles with dark lenses; or round goggles with dark or amber lenses.
- Goggles may be worn wrapped around the top of the head, over the eyes, or draped around the neck.
- The cowl can be made from off-white, tan, or black fabric.
- The cowl is a piece of fabric sewn into a tube shape that can be worn draped over the shoulders or pulled up to cover the hair. It is not a tied scarf.
- If the cowl is worn over the hair, goggles should be worn wrapped around the top of the head to hold the cowl in place.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)