Endor Commando/Endor Rebel Soldier/Endor Trooper – These troopers accompanied Han Solo, Leia and Chewbacca to the forest moon of Endor in order to destroy the shield generator that was protecting the second Death Star thereby allowing the Rebel Fleet to destroy it. The troopers were caught in a trap set forth by the Emperor but managed to overcome the odds and complete the mission.
A NOTE REGARDING CAMO FOR ALL PIECES CALLING FOR CAMOUFLAGE:
- Suggested paint colors below are “Design Master Corp” paint designations, an equivalent is acceptable- Moss Green (heavy)
- - Holiday Green (light)
- - Hunter Green (light)
- - Basil (heavy…primary color)
- - Bright Olive – (small accents)
“Desert” style combat or hiking boots. Canvas/Natural upper Target Color: “Sand” FS 33531/RAL 1011 “Brown Beige”; Molded sole, with thick “lug” tread. The sole continues up over the front ½”/12mm of the toe. The original “Sierra” brand boots are long out of production; however there are Israeli Scout Commando Boots that are very close in design and can be either purchased or used as a reference.
A tube of heavy Cotton/Natural fabric starting from the bridge of the foot (covering most of the laces) continuing up past the boot top to slightly below mid-calf. 5-8 sets of eyelets (depending on your measurements). No clear photos of the laces have been found yet; most likely surplus olive-green “para-cord” was used. Color: The originals appear to have been made from a tan or sand material, but were so heavily dyed and painted to appear used they look dark brown or olive when actually seen on screen.
Consisting of an AN-H-15 cloth helmet (or replica) with a ribbed strip on the top, a replica rigid outer ring, and cloth bill
- A camo painted trenchcoat – camo paint should be applied to a tan trenchcoat, if tan trenchcoat/lab coat can not be obtained, you will have to dye trenchcoat/labcoat tan first and then camo paint.
- A camo painted snow jacket – camo paint must be applied to a tan base. Since snow jackets are by nature white in color, you must dye jacket tan first.
- Accurate capped sleeve vest with slash pockets and padded applique on right upper chest.
- Accurate capped sleeve vest with slash pockets and padded applique on right upper chest worn over a camo painted snow jacket.
(Unless local laws prohibit or strongly discourage carrying anything that looks like a firearm)
- Endor rifle
1. Web bandolier with replica accessories
2. Canvas military-style backpack-no nylon packs-screen accurate is two pocket pack.
3. Endor hardpack
4. Vest accessories such as rank badges and wrist comm.
- Studio Creations Endor Rebel Soldier Tutorial
- Sunrider Base Endor Trooper Forum
- Endor Bunker Yahoo! Group
- Build Your Own Endor Commando
The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)