Rebel troopers (also known as Rebel soldiers and Rebel infantry) were standard foot soldiers employed by the Alliance to Restore the Republic. After the Declaration of a New Republic in 5 ABY, most Rebel troopers were organized into regular units of the New Republic Army.
- Can have white or black “visor”. Visor can also be dark smoke glass that can be put in the down position to cover wearers face.
- A comm pad on the helmet is required.
- An antenna is not required, but permitted.
- Bib should cover front of shirt with no gaps at the bottom).
- Shirt bib should come all the way up to the collar button and not sag.
- No button down collars (with visible button holes on collar).
- Colour range from a light blue to medium blue (costume can be denied if shirt colour is deemed too dark blue).
- Proper pocket configuration can be seen below in optional items.
- Charcoal or dark grey are not permitted
- Leather pull-on style preferred with low heels.
- No laces or ankle buckles.
- No non-black zippers. Any zipper closure must either be hidden or on the inside calf. No zippers on front or outside calf of boots.
- High-Calf boots are acceptable with sufficient blousing of the pants legs.
- No rubber boots.
- Solid leather or vinyl – no holes or decorations.
- Belt width should be 1 3/4 to 2″ wide in canyon or range tan colour
- 2″ buckle can be rectangular, octagonal or oval.
FORMAL REQUIREMENTS – CHOOSE THREE ITEMS
Unless local laws prohibit or strongly discourage carrying anything that looks like a firearm
- Studio Creations Rebel Fleet Trooper Tutorial
- SWTroopers Rebel Fleet Trooper 1Tutorial
- Sunrider Base Rebel Fleet Trooper Tutorial
- Echo Base Rebel Fleet Trooper Helmet Tutorial
- Echo Base DH-17 Blaster Tutorial
- TK-560 DH-17 Blaster Tutorial
- Blaster Builders Club’s DH-17 Blaster Tutorial
- Rebel Fleet Trooper Yahoo Group
- Sunrider Base’s Rebel Fleet Trooper forum
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)