Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Luke Skywalker was a legendary war hero and Jedi who helped defeat the Galactic Empire in the Galactic Civil War and helped found the New Republic, as well as the New Jedi Order.
Born in 19 BBY as the son of the fallen Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the Queen and Senator of Naboo, Padmé Amidala. Luke was raised on Tatooine and hidden from Emperor Palpatine and his father, who had recently become Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith.
In 0 BBY, Skywalker’s life changed forever. A chance purchase of two droids, R2-D2 and C-3PO, led to him to receive training in the ways of the Force from Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and to meet Han Solo, and Princess Leia Organa, who was, unbeknownst to him, his twin sister. Skywalker then destroyed the first Death Star and joined the Rebel Alliance.
1. Light brown quilted vest with large padded collar (portion above the belt line should be padded or insulated to appear puffy). Also has topstitching detail, and fastens down the center front with velcro.
2. Quilted shirt with white sleeves & quilted gray padded shoulders, pocket on upper right sleeve.
3. Light gray pants with quilted patches at the knees.
4. White cap with gray trim (same style as Imp Officer cap)and quilted ear flap.
5. Metallic comm box with antenna on ear flap.
6. Brown scarf around cap (should be Terry cloth or fleece).
7. White rimmed ski goggles with yellow lenses.
8. Gray suede boots with suede wraps around them and 3 white straps.
9. Brown leather belt same as Bespin/Dagobah holster.
10. Button Pad on left breast of jacket.
11. Light gray gauntlet style suede gloves with comlink on left wrist.
12. Lightsaber (Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back version).
13. Characters’ hair needs to be a “similar” style to that of Luke Skywalkers’- no buzz cuts or beards also.
Characters’ hair needs to be a “similar” style to that of Luke Skywalkers’- no buzz cuts or beards also.
Reviewed on March 30, 2009.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)