CHARACTER DESCRIPTION Leia Organa Solo (born Leia Amidala Skywalker) was, at various stages of her life, a politician, revolutionary, and Jedi Knight of the New Jedi Order. The daughter of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo, Leia was the younger twin sister of Luke Skywalker, and, shortly after her birth, she became the adopted daughter of Bail Organa and Queen Breha of Alderaan, making her a Princess of Alderaan. An accomplished Senator, Leia Organa was most famous for her strong leadership during the Galactic Civil War and other subsequent galactic conflicts, making her one of the galaxy’s greatest heroes. (Source Wookieepedia)
1. White ankle-length gown in an opaque, non-shiny knit fabric with high, fitted collar fastened with hooks/eyes. Gown has a white, partially open hood reaching to just below the waist (gathered rectangle style preferred), wrist-length to knuckle length bell sleeves and slits up the sides to or just below the knee. Gown may not have shoulder seams and no center front or back seam. A waist seam is allowed if hidden by the belt. There may not be any center-top seams on the sleeves. Gown should be slightly bloused over the belt at the waist. Gown should be lined using the same fabric as the dress.
2. Belt is white firm, non-shiny leather or leather-like material. The center front should come to a V-shaped point on the bottom edge and have a slightly curved dip or shallow V-shape top edge. It has at least 7 metal pieces on it, 6 elongated octagonal matching with one pentagon shape in the center front. Belt pieces should be spaced according to the wearer’s waist measurement or additional plates identical to the 7 octagonal plates may be added for an even-spaced look.
3. White leather or non-shiny vinyl flat or low (1/4″ to 1 1/2″ or .5 cm to 4 cm recommended) soled boots, at least mid calf high without laces or logos.
4. Hair pulled back completely or partially into a large twisted bun at the crown of the head. Naturally-occurring hair color only with streaks of gray applied; no bangs.
5. Lightsaber with blue blade and slim silver hilt.
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colors, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)