Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Handmaidens were personal aides to royal personalities of the galaxy.
Perhaps the most notable of handmaidens were the handmaidens of the Monarch of Naboo. An unidentified Queen, who reigned long before the Invasion of Naboo, began the custom for Naboo monarchs to have an entourage of handmaidens to ensure their safety.During the reign of Queen Amidala, the handmaidens bore a striking resemblance to their mistress. They were highly trained in order to act as bodyguards, decoys and confidantes to the Queen,roles devised by Captain Panaka. Queens Jamillia and Kylantha were also known to employ handmaidens.
1. Medium gray floor length under dress with long sleeves that are ruched (or gathered) from the elbow to the cuff.
2. Charcoal gray floor length velvet outer tunic with long, narrow, open, sleeves, and side vents from below the hip to the hem. No panne velvet.
3. Black and maroon cross-dye, iridescent hooded scarf with a maroon or dark berry lining. The scarf becomes long and thin, reaching past the knees and have a maroon tassel on each end, and should be wrapped around the neck on the outside of the maroon velvet cloak.
4. Floor length, red/maroon velvet cloak with large, drapey satin lined hood. Naboo Royal symbols, etched or ironed into the velvet run down the front of the cape on either side of the center front opening and across the hood.
5. Hair should be pulled back and hidden under the hood. No bangs. Naturally-occurring hair colors only.
6. Low-heeled coordinating tailored pumps or flats.