Note: For face characters, all costumers should strive for a close resemblance to the character's hair shape and color, facial hair or lack thereof, as well as any body decorations the character may have, such as tattoos and piercings. For hair color, unless exact color is required by the standard, all natural hair colors are accepted.
If the character does not have tattoos, piercings etc. then the costumer should cover up/remove any tattoos, piercings etc. they may have when wearing the costume.
Galen Marek, codenamed Starkiller, was a male Human apprentice of the Sith Lord Darth Vader. A powerful Force-user who lived during the era of the Galactic Empire, Marek originated from the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk as the sole offspring of two Jedi Knights—Mallie and Kento Marek—who deserted the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. Following the death of his mother, the young Marek’s father was killed in battle by Darth Vader. Though only a child, Marek possessed an exceptionally strong connection to the Force that the Dark Lord of the Sith sought to exploit.
1. White long sleeve mock turtleneck / white long sleeve crew neck shirt
2. White cowl / hood (attached either to the dark tan vest, or to the turtleneck in the rear)
3. Dark tan vest w/ single tabbard on L side going down to mid-shin. Vest needs to have three shoulder tucks on each side, & drop down to the mid upper arm on both sides
4. Dark tan arm wrappings on both forearms from elbow down to first row of knuckles
5. Large white obi. Obi should be wide enough to go from pants waist to mid-chest
6. Narrower (approx 3″) dark tan sash wrapping several times around large white waist obi
7. Khaki pants
8. Two identical lightsaber hilts (no toy sabers or Ultimate FX short saber) attached to the dark tan sash on the right hip. (One hilt needs to be tucked behind top layer of tan sash, the second hilt is attached using the sash itself by crossing around the hilt)
9. Lightsaber (No toy sabers or Ultimate FX short saber) carried in hand
10. Dark brown leather or leather-like boots rising to just below the knee. Rubber boots not allowed
11. Costumer should be clean shaven. Short hair preferred, but if costumer has longer hair, should be completely hidden inside cowl
1. Starkiller lightsaber hilt
2. Aqua coloured lightsaber blade
PLEASE NOTE: The costume standards are a guide, yet are not an all inclusive outline of required elements. The judges will be looking for quality of workmanship, accurate execution and use of materials in addition to these general standards check lists. If you have a question about fabrics, colours, and parts choices for your build please contact the LCJs for your category about parts/materials you are considering before you start your build. (LCJ listing here)