Forum and Costume Controls
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first
|stiger1 (Shannon Trombley)
Active Legion Member
Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Medals: 1 (View more...)
|Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:43 am Post subject: Grand Rapids - Griffins Hockey SW Night - 3/21/09
Event: 21 Mar 2009
|Grand Rapids - Griffins Hockey SW Night - 3/21/09
3rd Annual Star Wars Night with the Griffins is on....
Van Andel Arena
130 West Fulton
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Sat. March 21st, 2009
Game time - 7:00pm
Set-up either Friday night or after 10:00am Saturday
The event will consist of:
We will be raising money for "The Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Foundation"
The Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Foundation was established in 1995 to expand the opportunities for participation in ice skating and related sports and activities, and to encourage academic excellence, community involvement and healthy lifestyles among the youth of West Michigan.
The date for this event has already been locked in. There is a new coordinator on the Griffins' end. His name is Rich Meyers and based on my dialogue with him he wants to really "go big" with the 2009 event. Please save the date and be a part of what will no doubt be the biggest Griffins event yet!
I will supply updates to this thread as they become available.
YES - 501st
1. Brent Ashcroft - Event Coordinator
2. Donavon Larabel - Photo Area Captain - Imperial Officer
3. John Blizzard - NCS Captain
4. Jon Leopold - "In Game Entertainment Captain" - AT-ST Driver
5. Mike Karp - Clone Trooper
6. Kelli Hepler - Biker Scout
7. Mike Arnold - Darth Vader
8. Rob Brang - Darth Nihilus
9. Diana Furget - Isard Officer
10. Robert Amid - Clone Trooper
11. Tracy Amid - Imperial Officer
12. Jason Ujvari - Sandtrooper
13. Brooke Merva - Sandtrooper
14. Lou Rodriquez - Greedo
15. Jennifer Bowden - Boushh
16. Anton Wagonsomer - Clone Trooper
17. Phil Font - Sandtrooper
18. Dave Raimondo - Biker Scout
19. Greg Johnson - General Grevious
20. Steve Miles - Royal Guard
21. Josh Wells - Tusken Raider
22. Shelbi Allen - Biker Scout
23. Steve Mitchell - Clone Trooper
24. Craig Provine - Stormtrooper
25. Richard Beuker - Gamorrean Guard
26. Candi Beuker - Emperor
27. Chris Blackstock - Darth Vader or Biker Scout
YES - REBEL LEGION
28. Karen Larabel - "Costumers Captain" - Jocosta Nu
29. Rachel Orange - ROTS Padme
30. Jason Orange - Jedi Knight
31. Shannon Trombley - Rebel Fleet Trooper
32. Scott Scharke - Qui Gon Jin
33. Jason Heatherington - Obi Wan Kenobi
34. Hank Miller - Jedi Knight
35. Andrew Weston - Jedi Knight
36. Kim Blovits - Barriss Offee
37. Paul Spranger - Jedi Knight
YES - FAN FORCE
38. Matt Scobey - Count Dooku
39. Todd DeGroot - Stormtrooper
40. Wendy Johnson - Princess Leia
41. Brittnea Highland - Episode 2 Padme
42. Ken Roossien - Custom Mandalorian
43. Brien Skinner - Clone Trooper
44. Dean Woodard - Jedi Knight
45. Aaron Combs - Republic Commando
1. Sudie Podzarek
2. Amanda Raimondo
3. Pat Dawson
4. Mike Dawson
5. Nathan Arnold (Vader NCS)
6. Darthlinux (need real name)
7. Tracy Miller
8. Mark Caudill
9. Courtney Karp
10. Nathan Karp
11. Jen Ivey
12. Marissa Provine
13. Bryan Snuffer - Event Photographer
Our status meeting with the Griffins went very well. I will now bring all of you up to speed.
What the Griffins will do
1. The Griffins are going to have commemorative pucks made. The Griffins Star Wars logo, that Crow designed, will be on one side of the puck. These pucks will sell for $5 apiece, with all the proceeds going to the Griffins Youth Foundation.
2. The Griffins say they plan to purchase 1,000 of the mini lightsabers, which we initially introduced at the 2008 Muskegon Fury event and were a raging success at '08 Whitecaps. These lightsabers will be sold for $5 apiece, with ALL the proceeds going to the Griffins Youth Foundation. The Whitecaps only gave the charity a portion from each lightsaber purchased - the Griffins giving ALL OF IT!! Think about it, if they sell all 1,000 sabers (which I have no doubt they will) we'll raise close to $4,000 right there. Add the puck sales, t-shirt sales, blaster range, figure card-back, photo booth, concourse & suite walking, we could raise well over $5,000!!!
3. The Griffins plan to have T-Shirts made with Crow's Griffins Star Wars night logo on the front. The T-Shirts will cost $15 apiece. They will come in five sizes (AS, M, L, XL, 2XL). The 2XL shirts will cost $2 extra ($17). If members of our club wish to preorder the T-Shirts and/or the pucks, there will soon be a thread created to take orders. Club preorders for the T-Shirts and pucks will end February 28th. If you're not on the list after that, and decide later you want a commemorative T-shirt and/or puck, you will have to get in line with the masses on game day and hope there's some left for you to purchase then.
4. The Griffins have promised us "Banquet Room C' as the room where we will change, break and eat. This is very, very good news. Banquet Room C is directly below the photo area on the concourse. Take the elevator straight down and you're practically there. THE HALLWAY IS NO MORE!!!
5. The Griffins say they will comp 3 hotel rooms at the Courtyard Mariott Hotel (the same hotel they've comped for us each of the past two years). These rooms will be double bed rooms, so for those of you travelling from the eastside or from out of state for this event, please PM me if you're interested in claiming one of the rooms. Four or Five people can stay in each room, if you so choose.
6. The Griffins are still awaiting LucasFilm approval for most of this stuff, but I can't imagine Steve Sansweet won't give them his blessing.
What the Griffins won't do
1. There will be NO special patches placed on the players' jerseys for this event. In our first meeting last fall, the Griffins new promo guy, Rich Meyers was going to see if he could have a patch created, using Crow's logo, but the team's contract with Reebok won't allow them to have any other logos on the jerseys. However, I'm looking into having our own patches made for this event. I have emailed both Ripcode and Blasty about having a Griffins event patch created much like the Flint Generals and Muskegon Lumberjacks. If Blasty & Ripcode can get approval, these patches could be made available at the event! Stay tuned for more updates on that.
2. Griffins will NOT need Skinny to play the National Anthem. I asked Rich about this and he tells me that they already have booked an anthem singer for that night. I guess for the 2010 event, if we want one of our people involved in the Anthem, we'll need to lock that in several months in advance. Rich did say that he might want to use the guitar-playing-clone during one of the intermissions, so Skinny may still be needed, but I will look into the status of that element at my next meeting. Skinny, we could still use you to troop the event at the very least so please still consider coming.
That's it. The Griffins "WILL DO" list is much larger that their "WON'T DO" list. That's good news in my book. More updates will be posted as they become available, so in the meantime, consider trooping this event. We're adding the Blaster Range and more concourse walking and suite visits this year so we'll need more costumers. We'll also need more NCS so if you have some friend who might enjoy offering their time for an event such as this, please post their names and I will add them to the list.
COURTYARD HOTEL CONFIRMATIONS
1. Jason Ujvari
2. Shelbi Allen
3. Jen Ivey
"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."-Hologram of Princess Leia
With the above line I'm referring to young Obi-Wan Kenobi. :- )
Rebel Legion Reserve
Joined: 19 Jun 2006
|Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:12 pm Post subject:
|so... what time should we start showing up?
Oh... and Shannon, don't forget my medals!
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum