Ewoks were sentient, diminutive, furry bipeds native to the forest moon of Endor. They were most notable for helping the Rebel Alliance defeat the forces of the Galactic Empire at the Battle of Endor, allowing the shield generator there to be destroyed, and in turn, the second Death Star.
Ewoks were curious individuals that stood about one meter tall; they were omnivorous and used spears, slings, and knives as weapons; they also used hang gliders, battle wagons, and bordoks as vehicles. Although extremely skilled in forest survival and the construction of primitive technology like gliders and catapults, the Ewoks had yet to progress past stone-level technology when discovered by the Empire. They were quick learners, however, when exposed to advanced technology with simple mechanical processes and concepts.
1. Short brown, gray, or black fuzzy fur. Fur may be solid colored or striped as seen on screen. Fur should be matte (not shiny) and have a rough look to it.
2. Suit should not have visible closures or lines (seams). Suit should fit the wearer or be padded, as Ewok’s skin does not ‘sag’.
3. Two fingers and thumb on the hand; three toes on each foot.
4. Dark brown or black eyes. Eyes should not appear to be ‘lined’ with a distinct edge, but should blend in with the fur/skull as seen in the movie.
5. Hood or skull headgear made of leather or leather-like material, can be decorated with additional leather wraps, beads, faux bone, etc.
6. Facial features should reflect as much accuracy as possible in replicating on-screen Ewoks. Padding and stuffing may be used to increase the ‘roundness’ of the face inside the headgear.
7. Nose made of Sculpey or similar material in the proper shape as seen in the movie.
8. Mouth made of Sculpey or similar material in the proper shape as seen in the movie.
9. 2 to 4 teeth in mouth made of Sculpey or similar material in white or off white color.
1. Ewok may carry a weapon of choice (where permitted by law): spear made of wood with faux stone tip, sling, or non-store bought bow. Weapons should appear to have been hand made by creatures that live in the woods.
2. As an alternative, Ewoks can carry a walking stick or Shaman’s stick, decorated as desired.
3. Leather bags/pouches, appearing to have been hand made by creatures that live in the woods, are also allowed.
Standard effective for costumes submitted after 6/1/12. Approved by Costume Standard Committee & LMO 5/18/12.